Saturday, March 2, 2013

Shots, Sales, So-Longs and Sickness…oh my!

It’s been a whirlwind of a week!

I flew up to Denver last weekend to visit my Brother’s family and say good-bye before we leave.  It was a great visit – complete with hiking, great food, and a blizzard!  It was a wonderful trip and reminded me how much I enjoy my brother and his family.  I know our kids would be best friends if we lived closer together.

IMG_0732    IMG_0734

We received our initial exPat paperwork this week and spoke to a half dozen co-workers, their spouses, and people we know who have lived in Bangkok. It’s been great getting their perspectives, advice, and support. It’s amazing how we feel like we’ve been adopted into this exPat family. Everyone is so supportive and helpful. It’s been soothing as things continue to ramp up.

As I’m going to Bangkok in less than 2 weeks for a business trip, I got my immunizations updated this week.  I don’t mind the shots, but my immune system decided to really hammer me the next 2 days.  Blah.  Oh well, better than getting Typhoid fever…

We’ve been going through ALL of our stuff and had a huge garage sale/give away yesterday and today.  We had a bunch of friends come over and take a lot of kid clothes, jars, and books.  We sold a good amount of stuff during the garage sale, and donated the rest at Goodwill.

IMG_0744   IMG_0747

No comments:

Post a Comment