We got our visas this week! What with our tickets purchased last week and now with passports and visas in-hand…and only 6 weeks left, we feel like a genuine expat family! ![]()
My mentor/contact executive at work invited Candace and me to dinner this last week to talk about Thailand and what it’s like being an expat there (they were expats there about 10 years ago and loved it). It was really nice to sit and chat and get more comfortable with the big move. The more we talk with others, the more it sounds like it’ll be hard the first few weeks/months, but that we’ll absolutely love the experience.
I purchased a new computer this week in anticipation for our move. I figured we needed something reliable for the next 2-3 years and all of our computers have been ones I’ve built out of various parts over the years and I’m never quite sure when the next part will stop. It’s nice to have a fast computer and it should work with the different voltage in Thailand.
We had several showings of our house this week…even had one family come back twice. Turns out they want a pool, but they loved our home. We’re not too nervous about selling the house. We’ve put a lot of love and care into this home and feel it’ll sell…just needs some time. We have our first open house this next Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment