I just returned from a long (3.5 week) business trip to Houston and it's really good to be back home (meaning Thailand). Over the last year we've had a lot of changes, trials, trips, and fun and made a lot of memories in this new home of ours. It definitely feels like home. Wasn't sure I'd ever say that, but here we are.
We're preparing for our summer return to the States as a family (will be the first time the kids have returned to the US since we arrived in June 2013). We're excited to spend time as a family together, with family, and enjoy the good food, ease of life, and great weather Washington offers.
That being said, there is much about Thailand that we love and will miss during the summer: the plants, trees, flowers, smiles, smells, and our beautiful home and pool. :-)
I was recently told that this assignment will most likely be just 2 years, so we're already looking at our half-way done mark. Wow. Time is sure going fast. We love our exPat life and are trying to soak up every drop of exotic, wonderful Asia while we can.
Also, NOT looking forward to the craziness that ensues moving your family around the world. It was tramatic at times...but we'll hold that thought for another 9 months.
Here's to the adventures of the last 12 months and to the grand adventures of the next 12!
So is it capped at 2 years? You can't stay longer if you'd like to?
ReplyDeleteWell I'll raise my glass and toast you all at your half way mark! That went by so quickly. I've loved following along and seeing all of your pics.