Once again, we were pretty tired after our day at Disneyland, so we took it a bit easier on our last full day in Hong Kong. Candace went to the temple with Jonathan while I went shopping with the kids. We spent more, yes more, time with United on the phone and then picked up a “hop on, hop off” double decker, roofless bus ride through a bunch of Hong Kong. This was a great way for tired legs to see the sites.
We got off at the botanical gardens and zoo. They had a bunch of monkeys and birds, an orchid green house, and another beautiful park. We didn’t see a lot of westerners in Hong Kong, but this must have been the exPat district as we saw a ton at the park.
I loved this flower bouquet tree and my daughter obliged for a few photos:
We walked about a mile and hopped back on our tour bus and saw some really neat buildings:
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I loved seeing the old Chinese boat with the modern skyline and convention center in the background
![]()
![]()
The building on the right is our church area office building and chapel
![]()
These look like they came right out of the movie Tron
We grabbed some dinner and ate right on the bay with a great view for our last supper in Hong Kong:
We got each of our kids a souvenir from Hong Kong and our daughter chose this. Great choice!
The next morning we got to the airport to find out that United once again messed up our itinerary. Apparently the day before they helped Candace rebook the tickets, but put 2 of our kids on a flight 5 hours later in the day. Ugh. We called United once again, but the agent said she couldn’t do anything for us. Thai Air stepped in and booked us on a flight leaving in 30 minutes. They escorted us through immigration, security, and the commuter train to make sure we caught the flight. That’s customer service. Take note United.
We ran the last 10 minutes and were all pretty worn out by the time we reached the gate:
The flight home was great. It was on the A380 (double decker) and the service was amazing.
Every 10 minutes or so, I’d hear this adorable laughter from the seat behind me…this is what I saw.
So notwithstanding the setbacks in bookings, we had a wonderful time in Hong Kong and highly recommend a visit by anyone considering a trip to Asia.
So many amazing pictures! I love this post. I'm so sorry you had a zillion setbacks, but hooray that you got to see so many cool places! Ashley is pretty much the most beautiful little girl around, I love her!
ReplyDelete