Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Back to Daily Life

Life in the Ball Household has been fun and crazy as we get back into the full swing of school here in Thailand.  The kids are in soccer and piano lessons.  Between dance lessons, gymnastics, homework, and youth activities, it’s your typical back-to-school craziness.

In between all the activities, we’ve been taking our Saturdays to get out and have some fun.

Ice cream date night and crepe cake (never had one until I moved here…it is AMAZING.  A cake made out of about 30 crepes staked on each other, separated by thin layers of crème).  Que c’est bon!

IMG_1498IMG_1503

Candace and I got a tip about a Thai craft fair in a large conference hall not far from our house (OTOP at Impact Center).  So glad we heard about it! The prices were slightly better than JJ Market, you’ve got AC, and everything in easy-to-find locations.  We found several fun buys, my favorite being this 3D elephant carving out of a single piece of wood!

IMG_1516

IMG_1501IMG_1499

Our youngest is starting to read a little bit and has the same “read TONS” DNA as his siblings:

IMG_1508

I’ve grown a bit tired of rice and pork, or rice and chicken every day for lunch, so I told my kids I’d love home-made lunch if they were up to it (and I’d give them 30 baht for their troubles)…my daughter jumped right on it!…even threw in a cute note for good measure.

IMG_1510

While walking to a photo shop not far from my office, I came across this super crazy power line/phone line setup on the pedestrian walk:

IMG_1515

The kids enjoying the world’s best sport (in SAUNA weather I might add)…

IMG_1522IMG_1520

And did I mention it’s rainy season?  It rains almost every day…but today it rained TONS and flooded our streets and downed a tree right by our house.

IMG_1530

1 comment: