After our trip to Utah, we spent the next 2 weeks with Grandma and Grandpa Cheney (I flew down to Houston to work one of those 2 weeks). The first week we spent the days eating berries, playing games, picnics, and enjoying the area and incredible weather. Candace and I took Friday and had an overnight at a hotel in Portland, a wonderful dinner on the river, and met up with the Timmons.
From our fun day at Vancouver Lake...the kids really enjoyed their time with cousins!
Hike to Moulton Falls as folks started arriving for the family reunion
Took our oldest son to do baptisms at the Portland temple with his Uncle and grandparents!
Our daughter helping grandpa with some staining
Picnic dinner in downtown Vancouver to listen to a local band
The second week all of Candace's family arrived and we went up to Mount Rainier for family reunion at a great lodge. We had a wonderful time together hiking, "sledding," playing and eating great food. The hike on Mount Rainier deserves its own post...but as I'm short on time, believe me when I say it's a must do for anyone in Washington. How did I live there for 20 years and never hike Panorama Point?? Absolute must.
Family pictures went great. They went much quicker and smoothly than I expected. Janelle's a pro.
The original Cheneys on one of our many hikes
Picnic lunch in our tie-dye shirts!
Playing the traditional animal candy game. Our youngest was in heaven!
Uncle Bryce got this great picture on one of the glaciers on Mt. Rainier - we all slid down the steep snow hills. It was great!...and the views spectacular.
This is a REALLY long sled hill towards the end of our hike. No need for sleds, just sit down (or go face first)!
WOW.
SUCH a great time.





















Such a great post. Thanks for sharing Kevin : )
ReplyDelete