We’ve had a lot of fun activities as a family lately that I wanted to capture.
I bought an electronic motorcycle from a family that was moving to Peru for almost nothing. After riding it for a week or so, I discovered the batteries were totally shot and dangerous. You’d think finding replacement batteries in Asia would be easy – especially for an Asian bike, right? After all, I found them on Amazon.com and could have them replaced in the States for about $120. Well, it took a lot of doing to find replacements here (had to go through a middle man) and cost almost twice as much. That being said, it felt good to rip the bike apart, figure out the electrical setup and put in the new batteries and have everything work. It’s been a lot of fun to ride around on in Nichada (it’s practically silent while you’re on it). My daughter frequently asks if we can go for a ride. The photo below is on one of our rides to the local market to get a treat.
Thailand has a national Children’s day in January, so we went to the local mall and partook of some of the festivities. It was REALLY crowded, but fun to see them celebrate kids.
Candace and I have been trying to go on dates more frequently and have found some really good local restaurants. I think one of my new favorite foods is Mediterranean. Aroi maak!
We’ve been getting some local furniture made over the last 6 months and all of it was finally delivered. I love it. It’s made out of teak wood and it was fun to design and see being built! Given the many night meetings I have every week, it’ll be nice to have a proper desk to work at and not at a plastic picnic table that I’ve been using.
Lest any of you think our lives are full of just eating out, playing, going on exotic trips and buying fun stuff, here’s a photo of cleaning our local church. We’re working hard to ensure our kids don’t think our current lifestyle is normal…it’s just more fun to post about our adventures than the daily life of chores, homework, lessons, and normal life.
Nichada Thani just opened a “Secret Garden” and had a big event to open the area. They had tons of great, inexpensive food, activities, night market, and fun for the kids. With the unseasonably cool weather, it was a great night as a family.
I love this photo. This is totally how these two interact right now…my daughter always wants to be close to her brother and my son wilts at any touch.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment