Friday, November 14, 2014

It’s About People

Day 7

Today we reunited with a lot of dear friends.

In the morning, we did baptisms at the temple and then walked into town to do some shopping.  We got some fun souvenirs and mementos of Tahiti.

IMG_2330IMG_2333

Afterwards, we had lunch with President and Soeur Tefan.  It was so good to catch up with them an feel their love.  Their lives are a model of service to God’s children.

IMG_2338IMG_2340

After lunch with the Tefans, the Gauthiers picked us up to spend the afternoon with them.  It was delightful seeing this couple again.  They were like a Mom and Dad to me while in New Caledonia and I was sick.  Quick story: when I was REALLY sick in New Cal, I was getting shots at the doctor, and one time, I was so ill that I actually fainted while the doctor was giving me a shot in my rear.  Frere Gauthier caught me before I hit the floor and his dear wife rushed in to help him.  Needless to say, the afternoon reunion with them was full of stories of me fainting in their arms. :-)  We toured their beautiful yard and talked for a few hours with them.  They are such wonderful people, and we had tears in our eyes as we said farewell.  Again, another couple whose life is in the service of others…

IMG_2341IMG_2346

This evening, another one of my old companions, Rodrigue Manarani and his wife came to pick us up and take us out to an amazing dinner.  We had a wonderful evening of great food, company, and music.  Rodrigue treated us with several songs and one that has especially stuck with Candace and me.  He played this beautiful Tahitian song in the parking lot of the temple when he dropped us off.  It brought tears to our eyes.  Thank you Manaranis for a special evening!

Manarani singing to us at the temple

IMG_2347IMG_2349

This day was truly wonderful and touching.  Life is about the lives you touch…

1 comment:

  1. You have so many friends in SO many places! I love that so much.

    ReplyDelete