Friday, January 16, 2015

Daily Life

We’re not always going on trips…though we do try to go often to make the most of our short time here and like to chronicle our adventures on these posts.  Here’s a post about daily life, which is more the norm than exotic trips.

Having my Dad in town for a week was fabulous.  We had a lot of fun playing tennis and the kids adored playing with Papa:

IMG_3810IMG_2979

These 2 made a birthday cake for Papa (a month early).  Pretty cute:IMG_2978

We enjoyed having my Dad’s wife here, Chris, and her son, Aaron.  Easy folks to host and a pleasure to be around:

IMG_3009

I recently took our daughter ice skating (she’s been begging me for weeks) and we had a good time on our father/daughter date:

IMG_2912

About a year ago my knee started hurting a lot when I would go jogging, so I’ve been biking more and more and enjoying the adventure of riding on Bangkok streets (not for the weak of heart).  I recently did a 20-mile ride from our house down to “wood street” and really enjoyed it.  This is a carved door I really liked and one of the colorful neighborhoods I rode through:

IMG_2915IMG_2917

Our family has been reading together lately and my son enjoys reading as well to us.  This night he read a wonderful book to me and I loved it.  What a great kid and a nice break from night meetings.

IMG_3013

Finally, I went on a walk in a park near my office for the first time.  What a beautiful part of Bangkok…most of Bangkok is concrete, traffic, and temples, so this was a welcome surprise!

IMG_3017

Oh, and here’s a screenshot of the bicycle tour route we took…forgot it in the previous post:

IMG_3006

No comments:

Post a Comment