Before I left for this marathon business trip, Candace made the great suggestion that I book a trip out to visit my brother and his family during one of the many weekends away from family. I took her up on the idea and am really glad I did. It was great catching up with my brother, his wonderful wife, and daughters. They just finished building their home so I was able to learn a lot from Chris on how to do some things I'd like to replicate in my house. I'm really impressed with how learned how to do himself whatever he wanted in the house. I've got an amazing brother. We're alike in many ways, and it's nice to bond with him.
We enjoyed a lot of outdoor time together too. From hiking in the Rockies to kayaking his river and riding his RV, it was a great break amidst all the stress of the last several weeks!
Great view of the house from the opposite side of the lake during a walk
We saw a TON of wildlife in the mountains: moose, deer, elk, owls, squirrels, hawks, etc.
I hadn't been in snow for over 2 years!
I was born for surrounding like this...
No comments:
Post a Comment