Staying really busy (and stressed) has helped the time to pass quickly. I'm taking on a large, mature, heavily technical organization at work and it's a lot to wrap my hands around. Couple that with working the details remotely with my wife on moving the family across the world, and working with the builder to build a new home, AND putting all the details in place here to start up our life (cars, insurance, schools, utilities, etc.) and we're exhausted. Doing this separate from each other is the pits.
On top of that chaos, Houston has seen unprecedented levels of rain and flooded this last weekend. It's slowed down progress on the foundation, but we're thankful that the water has drained really well in our to-be neighborhood. Candace and the kids were all pretty sick last week too...when it rains, it pours! :-)
To brighten this post, it's worth mentioning the numerous blessings we're seeing: I've already been warmly welcomed into our new ward (congregation) at church. I've quickly become close friends with a family in the ward that shares a lot of the same interests as us. That's been awesome. It's also been exciting to see the progress on the lot. We've had several set backs with the swelling soils due to the wet year, etc., but actually seeing what was once an idea take shape is pretty exciting:
I'm not sure that last comment got through so if this is a repeat, feel free to delete.
ReplyDeleteThis was the most optimistic "things are a bit rough right now" post ever. I hope things calm down- less rain, less sickness, more togetherness- soon!