Saturday, August 24, 2013

Work

Work is incredibly busy.  Busier than I’ve ever been. Between local activities that take a lot of time, learning Thai, people issues, and late night meetings several times a week with the Western Hemisphere, it’s all I can do to stay on top of it.

That’s not to say I’m not enjoying (most) of it.  This last Wednesday I was asked to represent IT management here in Thailand at a huge recruiting fair my company held for soon-to-graduate Master students across several disciplines.  It was a 5 star event and incredibly well done. 

IMG_1516IMG_1517

I’ve said it before, but the Thais that I work with are really great.  From the most junior staff to my executive, they are friendly, awesome hosts, and competent at their jobs.  In general, the culture does lack a level of proactivness that I’d like to see with our analysts, but overall, the employees are great.

Commuting to/from work has turned out alright.  We leave early (5:50am) and get in in about 40 minutes.  I try to leave around 4pm and the return is about the same to Nichada Thani.  If I leave much later than either of those times, the commute quickly goes to beyond an hour.  On Friday, I left early, but because it was raining and a Friday, it took about 90 minutes to get home.

IMG_1484

1 comment:

  1. Blech. Those times and that commute does not sound too fun. Glad it's not worse though!

    ReplyDelete