Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ancient City

I took Thursday off of work and Dad, Candace and I went down to Ancient City for the day.  It was a lot of fun (especially sans children for a change).  Ancient City is a spread out area full of “small” replicas of all the major sites to see in Thailand.  I say “small” because these buildings are amazing in and of themselves.  You’ll see in the photos below.

It took about 1.5 hours to get from Nichada down to Ancient City.  It’s about 30-40 minutes South/SouthWest of the main airport here and there’s a lot of traffic on small Thai roads.

We decided to do the sight seeing on bike, though we were highly encouraged to rent a golf cart. I’m sure glad we chose the bikes.  It was a beautiful day and a great way to see all the sites.

IMG_2170IMG_2172IMG_2173IMG_2178

IMG_2176

IMG_2184IMG_2185IMG_2188IMG_2189

IMG_2191IMG_2193

The following photos are from the floating market.  All sorts of shops over the water way. We had a great lunch of padthai and did some window shopping.

IMG_2195IMG_2197IMG_2200IMG_2201

 

The last part of the day was exploring the beautiful landscaping and some of the major buildings on site.  Wow.

IMG_2203IMG_2205IMG_2206IMG_2207

No comments:

Post a Comment