One of my employees invited our family to his wedding this last weekend. We weren’t quite sure what to expect, so I asked around on how we should dress and the like. There are a lot of similarities with Thai weddings and those in America, except Thai weddings are HUGE. Everything about them is huge. The cake and flowers (which you’ll see below) were taller than me. The line to shake hands and get a picture with the bride and groom was like walking through a department store with exhibits on the couple, their lives, etc. It was pretty amazing. Combine all of that with super formal attire by all, and it was a really fun night…minus the fancy Chinese food. Can’t say I’m a fan of shark-fin soup and other expensive Chinese food. Bring me the rice and noodles and I’m good.
The kids were excited (well, except for our 2nd boy) to get dressed up.
Here’s the amazing cake and flowers! H.U.G.E.
Our 2nd boy was pretty tired and decided to fall asleep on a co-worker of mine half way through.
Thanks for being a good sport about it, Kinsey!
No comments:
Post a Comment