We had a great Halloween thanks to our great exPat community. Thailand doesn’t celebrate Halloween (not even kind of), so I was glad to see that the many different countries in our exPat community went all out to enjoy the holiday (and when I say all out, I really mean it!).
Candace was back in the States for a funeral, so the kids and I enjoyed the evening by ourselves…in fact, all but our youngest went trick-or-treating with friends. I love living in a place that is safe enough I don’t worry about that at all.
Khun Jah and our youngest. She was a lot of great help! Also, lots of folks decorate their golf carts here!
The neighborhood that houses the US embassy folks got A TON of people trick or treating. Given that embassy staff get free shipping from the States, you can see why folks would trick-or-treat there!
Our community center has a new shopping area and they opened it with a great Halloween “haunted house” and haunted circus. Our youngest was a hoot. He said he wasn’t scared before going in, but once things started jumping out at him, he’d point his balloon gun at them and yell, “Stop it! Stop it now!” It was pretty funny. When we got out, he had a big grin and made the scared face you see above so we could capture the moment.
And of course, the ritualistic sort-my-candy-only-to-throw-it-back-in-my-bag routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment