Whenever I’m asked about our exPat assignment in Thailand, one of the first questions is “How are your kids adjusting?” I’ve been amazed at how quickly and how well they’ve done. None of them has gotten sick (like me), they’re learning the language, and just doing great.
I’d like to chalk it up to great parenting, but I know better – we just have amazing kids. They made friends really quickly, are involved in a lot of activities, and are generally nicer, kinder, and more helpful than before we moved. I think part of losing everything that is familiar helps to draw a family closer together. Our second boy is remarkably changed from the move. Before we left, he struggled some with depression at school – probably because the system was dumbing him down. Ever since we arrived here and got him into this amazing school, he’s been happy, helpful, and just plain fun to be around.
Some fun photos of the last month with the kids:
A picture I snuck with the kids playing together while Mom played the piano
Our youngest LOVES to cheer for teams. Doesn’t matter which team, as long as he can cheer loudly! (this was at the school spirit night where ISB was playing other international schools)
Candace heard about a Harry Potter themed string orchestra concert and we all got dressed up to attend. The music was incredible (I had no idea teenagers could play this well) and we had a lot of fun!
Here’s a short video of the amazing musicians – 7 regional schools came together under a guest conductor. Wow!:
We do a LOT of bike riding in Nichada. This is around the lake of our community. There are a lot of flowers and nature to enjoy.
Our youngest just started rubbing our feet one night. “Doesn’t this feel good? I like doing it!” Well, go right on ahead kid! We love it too!
I surprised our daughter by showing up for her school lunch last week. She was THRILLED and didn’t want me to leave. ![]()
Our youngest and I had a shopping date. I rewarded him with a DQ ice cream. He’s quite the novelty here with his white, white skin and blue eyes. He gets people starring and grinning at him, hand grabs, and even hugs from strangers everywhere we go. We love him too.
I love seeing them all more grown up. Especially Joseph. Getting so big!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I want to ride my bike around Thailand too!
That foot rubbing will only last a few more years so you better enjoy it now! ;)
ReplyDelete