Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Rest of the Day

I know, several posts for one day??  We just had so much fun, I wanted to share all of the great times and photos we had.

After the hike back down, we had a wonderful Thai lunch at a restaurant on the side of the beach.  Perhaps it was because I was so hungry from the several hours of hiking, but this was some of the best Thai food I’ve had here.  One of our boys even ordered his food completely in Thai.  Way to go!

IMG_1703

We spent a little time on the white sand beach, but we couldn’t swim there because there were literally 100s of rather large jelly fish everywhere.  We chartered a long boat to take us back to the beach where our car was (we were ready to be done hiking).  It was fun to ride in the boat and see the jellys up close:

IMG_1710

IMG_1711IMG_1712IMG_1713IMG_1715

IMG_1721IMG_1720

IMG_1714

We had a quiet ride back to the condo (almost all of the kids fell asleep) and then decided to go and play on the nearby beach.  There were almost no jellys there, so it was safe to swim around…though the kids spent the 1.5 hours playing in the sand.

IMG_1724IMG_1727IMG_1722IMG_1725

We were getting hungry for dinner and decided to head back.  After a quick shower by the side of the beach, we couldn’t resist this amazing pool – so we all jumped in for another 30 minutes of swim time.

IMG_1732

We had some really good hot dogs and then went out to go shopping at the local night market.  I have to pause and say how much I love these places.  There’s something for everyone and the prices are typically pretty good.  We found one shop that sold large fruit smoothies for 40 BAHT each.  Wow.  We all had one.  They also have these desserts here called Rottis.  We LOVE them.  They are like crepes, but cooked with bananas and topped with condensed milk.  Ahan Aroi! (delicious food):

IMG_1735

IMG_1734IMG_1736

3 cheers for a wonderful weekend getaway.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That beach! And that pool! We shall have to come visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of foreigners, it appears? Sounds like you're not at all out of place as a white dude? Was that the kids' first time swimming in the ocean since you got there?

    Glad you guys got away for a weekend. I'm sure you were ready for some time away.

    ReplyDelete